If you are looking for the next step up in your Tech Transfer career, I’ve got a great opportunity for you.
Right now, we’re filling the role of Licensing Associate – Physical Sciences for Rice University in Houston, TX.
In this role, you’d assist the Director and other licensing professionals in the Office of Technology Transfer to bring university research into the commercial sector.
You’d have responsibility for:
- evaluating new technologies
- strategic analysis of potential markets and barriers to commercialization
- performing market research, developing marketing strategies and marketing technologies to companies
- valuing technologies, performing due diligence and negotiating license agreements
- working with patent counsel and faculty and student inventors to develop patent strategy and intellectual property strategy
- managing license agreements once they are negotiated
- negotiating various ancillary agreements such as confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, intellectual property options in industrial sponsored research agreements and inter-institutional agreements
You must have:
- A Master’s Degree in engineering or physical sciences
- 3 yrs professional level experience in technology transfer, legal, science, or business capacity which may include up to 1 year of experience gained through co-op and/or internships
It’s an intense job, and you must have the energy and stamina to work long hours, remain effective under stress, and work under pressure. It’ll be worth it though – Rice is one of the most respected research universities in the US today.
Sound like what you’ve been waiting for? Send me an updated resume and let’s get started.