Our client is a technology company focused on upgrading the world’s eyewear with unique smart eyewear. The company is searching for a talented and experienced VP of Global Sales to lead their EX US B2B retail sales program. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with proven sales experience in optical or consumer electronics, and an outstanding track record of building and growing retail clients. In this position, you will be responsible for meeting our annual sales targets outside the US with retail eyewear and sporting goods channels.
Your duties will include building a group of leading retail distribution clients such as big box stores and retail eyewear chains. This will include drafting sales plans, and assessing costs, preferred MSRP and competition. In addition to being an excellent communicator, the ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional relationship-building, negotiation and leadership skills, and guide the global team of sales reps to achieve regular benchmarks.
- Lead and grow retail sales of our smart eyewear by acquiring and managing key accounts.
- Design and implement strategic plans to reach global sales targets.
- Cultivate lasting relationships with clients to grow customer loyalty.
- Develop and promote weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives.
- Draft detailed and accurate weekly sales reports.
- Work with customers to better understand their business needs and goals.
- Assess costs, competition, and supply and demand to identify selling prices.
- Estimate sales volume and profit for current and new products.
- Establish a sales training program to train new employees when appropriate.
- Meet with executives in person or via Zoom weekly to assess company performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales leadership position. Previous experience with a track record
- of success in eyewear, wearables, consumer electronics or apparel is a must.
- Able to pursue leads in a compelling and relentless fashion.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices for growing retail distribution.
- Capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to build up an innovative, disruptive wearables brand into a true market force.
Location: Position is located in North Miami, is full-time and punctuality is absolutely necessary. Position requires travel to meet important clients. Relocation assistance can be provided for the right candidate.
Competitive compensation and stock options are available for the right candidate. We are looking for a motivated professional who is able to adapt to the demanding, but very rewarding, work at a tech startup. This is a long-term opportunity with significant growth potential available for one willing to commit to the company.