Located in friendly East Lansing, Michigan this fast-growing research center is quickly becoming a major name in Michigan and beyond. Be a part of this amazing team as a Technology Manager, Michigan State University.
The MSU Innovation Center is an initiative partnering Michigan State University Technologies (MSUT) with Spartan Innovations, which launches start-ups based on MSU Technology and Business-CONNECT, the university’s corporate engagement office. Under the current leadership, the commercialization enterprise at MSU has grown rapidly with invention disclosures up 50%, while licenses and revenue have doubled in just the past four years.
The MSUT Technology Manager manages all aspects of screening, protecting, marketing technologies and negotiation of license agreements for a large, diverse portfolio of Innovations. Two positions are being filled. One in life science technologies, one in software/copyright. MSU’s broad copyright policy assures that MSUT actively licenses a wide variety of materials including film, media, and educational materials, in addition to software and smartphone apps. Both positions will be working with a wide range of technologies.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have the proven ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks and work successfully with academic scholars, entrepreneurs, industry executives, and staff.
- Create partnerships that link university, state and industry resources to address technology and economic development needs.
- Ensure faculty is provided guidance and information on the University policies as they relate to intellectual property including patent, trademark and copyright requirements, the processes and procedures that are involved in the seeking and obtaining patent protection for inventions, and in the marketing and licensing of University technologies.
- Serve as an expert on all aspects of technology licensing.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and organizational change in an area that is continually evolving in processes and systems.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to deal with technical and business issues with equal skill.
Read the full job specification and qualifications for the Technology Manager at Michigan State University.
East Lansing is one of the most under-rated areas in the Midwest. It’s pedestrian-friendly, exciting, and has all the benefits and resources of a city with the charm of a small town. It’s also a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts with the Lansing River Trail System and other opportunities to enjoy this beautiful area.
East Lansing boasts an appealing mix of activities for all ages from energetic nightlife to quiet parks. During summer evenings, the downtown area is bustling with live music, street festivals and other hot events like the Summer Solstice Jazz Festival, and people enjoying the weather. Come see what this wonderful community has to offer.
Discover more about East Lansing in the Technology Manager, Michigan State University job specification.