From large research alliances to nondisclosure agreements, the Office of Strategic Alliances & Technology Transfer (OSATT) coordinates the conversion of ideas to successful agreements for sponsored research and education programs, collaborations, and alliances with MIT faculty and staff.
The Office of Strategic Alliances and Technology Transfer’s goal is to “cultivate an inclusive environment of scientific and entrepreneurial excellence and bridge connections from MIT’s research community to industry and startups by strategically evaluating, protecting, and licensing technology.”
Read more about the office here: https://osatt.mit.edu/.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Office of Strategic Alliances and Technology Transfer (OSATT)- Technology Licensing Office (TLO) has exclusively retained the Vortechs Group to hire a Technology Licensing Officer – Physical Sciences and Engineering. In this position, embodying a unique overlap of technology, business, and law, you will represent MIT in the Boston/Cambridge entrepreneurial ecosystem in the heart of Kendall Square.
Working with MIT’s brightest scientists and engineers, you will advance the development of groundbreaking technologies by fostering strategic relationships with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and industry partners.
- Assessing commercial potential of new technologies
- Managing a broad intellectual property portfolio
- Developing and implementing strategies for the marketing and licensing of technologies to commercialization partners
- Negotiating license and collaborative research agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Engineering with research experience.
- A minimum of seven years’ relevant experience involving technology development and commercialization, licensing or business development, preferably in an academic tech transfer office.
- Strong acumen in the optical or communications industries is required.
- Must be able to engage with a wide range of constituents including faculty, students, industry executives, entrepreneurs, attorneys, and investors.
- Truly exceptional oral and written communication skills, with fluency in English, are essential, as is a talent for negotiation.
- Adept at reading complex research and license agreements.
- The ability to diagnose complex business, interpersonal, and inter-organizational issues and deal with ambiguity is required.
- Seeking a highly motivated self-starter and creative problem solver who collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
Procedure for Consideration
Interested candidates should send resume, deal sheet, and any questions to Glen Gardner or Lisa Rooney with the Vortechs Group at:
Lisa Rooney, Recruiter
Glen Gardner, Recruiter
MIT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applications from women, minorities, veterans, older workers, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged. MIT is unable to consider candidates for this position who are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
The Vortechs Group is committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive candidate pool. Read our diversity statement here: https://vortechsgroup.com/diversity-inclusion/.