City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and other serious illnesses. Their mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, hope into reality. They accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
The Technology Licensing Manager will evaluate the commercial potential of City of Hope developed technologies, identifying companies interested in these technologies and negotiating the legal and business aspects involved in transferring the technology. This person will establish and maintain a marketing program that presents City of Hope technologies to appropriate companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of the research of the City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute and identify emerging technologies with commercial potential.
- Evaluate City of Hope technologies with respect to the validity of the scientific basis of the technology, strength of the likely patent/copyright/trade secret position, potential commercial return on the technology, and mechanism of commercialization.
- Identify and maintain a database of companies potentially interested in City of Hope technologies.
- Establish and maintain a marketing program that presents to appropriate companies those technologies the City of Hope wishes to commercialize.
- Prepare and negotiate the wording in nondisclosure, material transfer, industry sponsored research agreements and license agreements. Interact closely with involved investigator(s) when preparing agreements.
- Interact extensively with attorneys and company executives dealing with uncommon inquiries and/or situations.
- Attend meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
Education: Bachelor of Science with MS, MBA, or JD required. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements. Candidates with a strong relevant science background preferred.
Experience: Three years related business and/or academic experience
Interested applicants should send their resume, deal sheet, and any questions to:
Melissa Cruz, Director of Client Services
66 West Flager Street, Suite 901
Miami, FL 33130