Argonne National Laboratory became the first national laboratory when it was established in 1946; now with 2,800 employees and a $700 million budget, Argonne conducts over 200 science and engineering research projects.
Recently named one of the top 10 places for postdocs to work by The Scientist due to a focus on mentoring and professional growth, Argonne has a new leadership position available – Manager of Sponsored Research.
What You Will Do:
As the Manager of this organization, your primary responsibility will be leading the sponsored research department. You will give input on policy, direction, business building, government and industry partnerships, and the future direction of sponsored research at Argonne. Your leadership will be focused on growing and mentoring your team while instilling a vision for future expansion.
What You Need:
- A background in sponsored research at a higher education institution or National Laboratory
- To be active in NCURA and/or SRA International
- Experience in government contract’s like CRADA’s and WFO agreements
- Experience leading implementation of a research administration tool (i.e. InfoEd)
- A passion for research in the fields of energy, nanotech, computational sciences, and homeland security
- To be a US Citizen able to qualify for a Department of Energy Top Secret “Q” clearance
Learn more by contacting me at email@example.com.