The University of Pittsburgh has exclusively retained the Vortechs Group in its executive search for a Senior Licensing Manager in Life Sciences. (Details can be found here: Senior Licensing Manager Life Science Position Specification)
An Award-Winning University
This exciting opportunity means you could find yourself working for one of the Top 100 Universities in the world, as awarded by the 2015 Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings. Pitt ranks No. 22 in the world among 2,000 colleges and universities for the quality and quantity of its scholarly publications, according to 2013-14 statistics released by the University Ranking by Academic Performance Research Laboratory. Pitt placed 16th nationally and 7th among U.S. public universities.
Looking for Proven Leadership
We’re looking for someone with a proven reputation in providing excellent customer support and interpersonal skills.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- sound decision making
- balanced judgment
- flexibility of thought and style needed to maximize benefit to University stakeholders
- innovative leadership in technology transfer
- skills as a collaborative player
Key responsibilities include:
- Academic or industrial life science expertise.
- Ability to evaluate research discoveries for commercial application, and navigate through the various stages of the technology transfer process.
- Comfort with scientific discussions with faculty experts and industrial partners.
- Motivation to actively engage faculty and their research in the commercialization process.
- Work with staff to improve and maintain procedures for administrative efficiency, and develop internal forms and systems as needed. Provide reports to the Pitt leadership and others as necessary.
- Arrange for and manage patent filings, copyright or trademark registration as appropriate in coordination with the inventors, authors and intellectual property counsel. Review prior agreements for conflicts of obligation. Facilitate compliance for obligations under federal grants, Bayh-Dole Act and Pitt’s mission.
- Draft and negotiate license agreements and various other intellectual property contracts.
Please view the Senior Licensing Manager Life Science Position Specification for position qualifications and other details.
Life in Pittsburgh
Once a center for heavy industry, today Pittsburgh’s skyline has been transformed. Riverfronts are thoughtfully developed, utilized for recreation now more than ever. Businesses look to the environment as an asset, not a challenge. And, best of all, “green” has replaced “smoky” for good.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant, mid-sized city that has the feel of a small town. Its approachability can be seen on the faces of its energetic, hard-working and proud people.
For more information on the city, quality of life and business opportunities see: