Bigger isn’t always better. Although, Ohio University is a small research university, it has a wide breadth of technologies from the Engineering College, Medical School, Edison Biotechnology Institute, the Institute for Corrosion, The Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research, and others. The University also boasts a Carnegie classification as a high activity research university. Due to all this activity, the Ohio University Technology Transfer Office has engaged the Vortechs Group to grow its team of professionals. The Technology Transfer Office just hired someone to manage the physical science portfolio, We are now hiring the person to manage the life science portfolio coming out of the medical school.
A few of the OU Office of Technology achievements include:
• Ranks first among Ohio institutions of higher education for research licensing revenue, with faculty inventions generating $8.6 million during fiscal year 2011.
• Fourth in the nation after Princeton University, Northwestern University, and New York University for return on investment in research. The institution reported a 29.7 percent return on investment on $30.9 million in research expenditures in fiscal year 2011.
• The Ohio University Innovation Center is a well-established program that has been helping entrepreneurs turn their promising ideas into flourishing businesses since 1983.
Ohio University is located in Athens, Ohio. If you are looking for small town life, less hustle and bustle and one of the best kept secrets in the nation for beauty, outdoors and proximity to a “big city” (Columbus and Cincinnati) consider Athens.
A little about Athens and Ohio University:
• With its tree-lined brick walkways, the campus has been called one of the most attractive college campuses in the nation.
• Established in 1804, Ohio University is the oldest institution of higher learning in Ohio and the Northwest Territory.
• Offers visitors and residents a rich experience that includes nature and a vibrant arts and music scene: http://www.hockinghills.com/photogallery.html
• Since the 1970s, Athens has prided itself on its progressiveness, manifested in its several intentional communities, its support of small, sustainable organic farms, and its widespread support of alternative energy sources.
This is an opportunity to not only make a smart move in your career, but a great lifestyle change as well. Trade traffic jams and lack of parking for a scenic, no stress drive to and from work every day.
The Vortechs Group is a professional recruitment firm that finds and places high-performance candidates with expertise in the areas of sponsored research, technology based economic development, and commercialization with renowned research organizations around the world.
For more information please send resume, cover letter, and a deal sheet to email@example.com
Photo by ColumbusCameraOp