We’re looking for a Data Architect who thrives in a high technology environment that pushes the envelope of database technologies. This is a key technology position.
Position: Full time Direct Hire Position with benefits – Columbus, OH.
The Company: This Company is a small profitable company that has become the industry leader in business information delivery. This is a high performance database environment with a very high transaction rate.
The Position: The Data Architect or DBA position will work closely with the web application developers and systems engineers to develop and maintain data sources for key web services. This is not a run, manage, backup, and restore position DBA position…
This is a creative, highly flexible web-centric environment that you will be architecting and building highly scalable distributed databases. You will also perform database performance tuning duties. You will be expected to research and study new DB technologies and make recommendation for the new technologies.
Essential Job Functions – 3+ years’ experience doing the following:
- Architecting Databases, types include: Oracle and MySQL
- Knowledge or experience with some of the following: noSQL, CouchDB, Cassandra, Big Table, Hadoop, etc…
- Ability to develop processes and procedures for the Run DBA’s
- Logical table design, data flow design and documentation
- Ability to organize and manage long-running complex projects.
- Familiarity with Open Source tools and products
- Working knowledge Solaris (SPARC) and Linux OS environments
- DB performance tuning, Query tuning and optimization
- Use database tools and techniques with a focus on moving large data volumes
- Assist / lead ETL and reporting team members.
Sounds good? Great! Give us a call or shoot us your resume firstname.lastname@example.org