The Knight Cancer Institute at the Oregon Health & Science University in Portland received $100 million from Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, with the charge to hire the best researchers in the world in order to make the Knight Cancer Institute a leader in patient care and research leading to curing cancer.
A key part of the team is a licensing professional to help share the breakthroughs and intellectual property with researchers throughout the world. The ideal candidate will:
- Lead commercialization efforts of research developed at the Knight Cancer Institute.
- Implement programs that make OHSU the best place for collaboration among cancer research institutions throughout the world.
- Manage a large flow of intellectual property developed by a team of world-class researchers.
- Work independently with a single focus on the Knight Cancer Institute with the support of the OHSU Technology Transfer office.
- Represent Knight Cancer Institute and OHSU in the Licensing Executives Society (LES) and Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) as an expert in best practices and procedures in technology transfer.
To apply for this position, send your resume to Glen Gardner at Glen@vortechsgroup.com.
The Vortechs Group finds and places high-performance candidates with expertise in the areas of sponsored research, technology based economic development, and commercialization for renowned research organizations around the world. Our clients include Howard Hughes Medical Institute – Janelia Farms Research Campus, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Idaho National Laboratory, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi, UAE