Howard Hughes Medical Institute is developing its own technology transfer office in order to share their research breakthroughs with the global scientific community.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (Janelia Farm Research Campus, outside Washington, DC) has retained the Vortechs Group to hire a Technology Transfer Manager who:
- Can start up an entire technology transfer office from scratch, but with the backing of Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Will “balance leading with doing” by working closely with HHMI leadership to ensure that the goals and objectives of the Institute are carried out effectively.
- Has been actively involved in Licensing Executives Society (LES) and Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) with knowledge of cutting edge best practices and procedures in technology transfer.
- Industry Licensing / Business Development / Commercialization experience, preferably in the Biotech Industry.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge, education and experience in both university settings and industry.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven start-up ability, preferably in a science related industry.
- Business development and intellectual property assessment and management ability.
- Advanced scientific degree along with an MBA.
- Venture capital experience.
- Extensive partnership building and collaborative negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with scientists, business partners and others.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute http://www.hhmi.org/ is a nonprofit medical research organization that ranks as one of the nation’s largest philanthropies, HHMI spent $776 million for research and distributed $89 million in grant support for science education in fiscal year 2009.
HHMI’s Janelia Farm Research Campus is a world-class biomedical research center where outstanding scientists from diverse disciplines use emerging and innovative technologies to pursue biology’s most challenging problems.
For a snapshot of Janelia Farms Research Campus, look at this video http://www.hhmi.org/janelia/discover_janelia/index2.html
Send an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org