Work for one of the top 11 public universities in the nation at UC Davis, as the Executive Director, InnovationAccess.
This role, and the department in general, provides services that connect research to the marketplace through stewarding and licensing university intellectual property as well as working collaboratively with its two companion units within Technology Management & Corporate Relations, the Office of Corporate Relations and Venture Catalyst, to enable productive industry collaborations and foster innovation within the campus community.
We’re looking for someone who will be the face of IP to the University and beyond. Overseeing and supporting:
- IP management and related business development
- Educating campus departments on IP matters including as they relate to the impact of University research and technology on the community and economy
- University technology promotion
Learn more here: UC Davis Position Specification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and science, with a minimum of ten years of intellectual property related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Advanced degree in science, business or law preferred.
- Experience negotiating contracts and proven track record of successfully negotiating complex IP-based agreements and business contracts.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Bring Your Bike
UC Davis is in Davis, California and is touted as the “Most Bicycle-Friendly” city in the world. With rolling hills, lush views, and a delightful downtown it’s no wonder so many people love calling Davis “home.” Learn more about this beautiful area and its many opportunities in the UC Davis Position Specification