Be a part of a team entrusted with the mission of developing and applying science and technology to ensure the safety, security, and reliability of the U.S. nuclear deterrent; reduce global threats; and solve other emerging national security and energy challenges.
The Vortechs Group has been selected by the Los Alamos National Laboratory to find its next Deputy Division Leader of its Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. This prestigious position is located in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
- Work with external and internal organizations, and individuals, to evaluate, negotiate, develop, and maintain partnerships and strategic relationships with Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration customers, other government agencies, academic institutions, and/or private industries
- Interface with the full spectrum of FCI’s customers, clients, partners, stakeholders, and senior managers to ensure that the Division functions smoothly and that the risks inherent in innovation and technology transfer are recognized and managed
- Guide the selection of sponsored work projects so as to maintain a healthy portfolio and balance among competing expectations
- Ensure that individual partnerships and commercialization thrusts are beneficial to Laboratory institutional strategies
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Business development experience working with senior levels of corporate managers and officials, e.g. Senior Vice Presidents, members of Board of Directors, and Chief Innovation Officers, or comparable levels of Federal sponsors
- A talent for working across multiple technical, programmatic, and business lines to realize opportunities and address risks
- Demonstrated success in leading and sustaining high-performance organizations
- Proven effectiveness in leading changeKnowledge of persuasion, marketing and negotiation techniques and concepts and mastery of multi-dimensional communication skills
Read more in the Los Alamos National Laboratory Position Specification including information about the required security clearance level.
About Los Alamos
Los Alamos, New Mexico is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing technology development.
Los Alamos is a tight-knit mountain community that consistently ranks as one of Livability.com’sBestSmallTownsinAmerica. Lab employees who live in Los Alamos enjoy a 10-15 minute commute to work, access to outdoor recreation, and a welcoming small town feel.
Read more about the area in the Los Alamos National Laboratory Position Specification.