A career at the company presents the opportunity to join a team of energetic innovators in a rapidly growing, exciting company. The position offers path to the position of Chief Financial Officer.
- Manages and supervises financial reporting, tax and accounting functions of the company.
- Manages and supervises the preparation, analysis and coordination of SEC reports, consolidated financial analysis, and other financial reports for use by management, shareholders and outside agencies.
- Manages day to day accounting and tax processes including month end, quarter end and year end reporting.
- Manages the coordination and preparation of financial statements and disclosures on Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Manages and helps improved internal controls over financial reporting
- Manages the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statement variance analysis for management.
- Participates in the review of external department deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency with SEC filings and internal reports and documents, as well as compliance with SEC rules governing non-GAAP metrics.
- Participates in determining the impact from accounting and financial statement changes), and directs steps necessary to correct or reflect adjustments to ensure accurate reporting.
- Provides professional advice and develops strategy for a broad range of accounting issues.
- Participates in the review of existing and proposed regulations of the FASB, SEC, and/or other authoritative bodies that formulate or have jurisdiction over financial reporting or accounting matters that will impact the Company.
- Participates in the interpretation and analysis of new accounting principles and regulatory decisions to assess the financial statement impact, and the implementation of accounting-related changes to ensure compliance.
- Participates in the development of the Company’s position relative to financial reporting and accounting issues, and reviews responses to authoritative rule-making bodies when appropriate in an effort to affect the final outcome.
- Keeps up to date on new innovative accounting and reporting tools and reviews proposed or alternate accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Must have knowledge of advanced accounting and financial theory normally acquired through graduate level coursework. CPA certificated strongly preferred.
- 7+ years previous experience in financial reporting in a public company.
- Hands-on experience working in an accounting and financial management function in a high growth company
- Lead or supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and numerical proficiency
- Team player. Pro-active, helpful approach is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and computer literacy
- Able to convey in original written correspondence and reports, complex technical matter in a clear and concise manner, adapted to the needs of technical and non-technical clients.
- Full understanding of the Big Picture and ability to interpret accounting and financial theories and concepts, and develop alternative solutions to the Company’s current business and regulatory issues to enhance competitive positioning and maximize shareholder value.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and the ability to apply both in problem solving.
- Skills in leadership and teambuilding, organizing, planning, controlling, coordinating, and delegating to effectively manage and develop staff, and achieve organizational goals.
- Possesses strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to persuade and influence those with divergent opinions toward consensus.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the U.S.
- Technical proficiency in all FASB and SEC accounting and reporting issues applicable to the Company and its affiliates must be maintained.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and internal controls.
Work Location: Miami
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: All associates are required to be vaccinated